Must share this new app! Booknerd fun! Easy to use, and completely free. I’m not in any way compensated for this crazy endorsement; I just think it’s fun and want everyone to know about it. Also, please
forgive overlook my use of second person POV. I don’t know why everyone gets so riled up about that. You know what I mean.
Most Litsy-users are describing Litsy as a mix of Instagram and Goodreads (don’t let the Instagram comparison scare you if you’re not into that sorta thing . . . like me).
- For any book you like, you can post a blurb, a quote, or a review, with the option to also include a photo.
- Book reviews are limited to 300 characters, so everything is short and sweet.
- You can choose to “follow” people who post, so you can see their reviews, blurbs, and book quotes, and you can comment on their posts. One of my internet blogger-crushes, Liberty Hardy, is a follower of mine, and I fangirled all over the place about it.
- You choose from 4 options when offering an opinion about a book: pick, so-so, pan, or bail, so there’s no “Is this a 3-star or a 4-star book?” dilemma.
- Privacy settings are available, so that’s up to you.
- The app is fairly new, so it’s easy to use, not complicated, and suggestions to the creators are welcomed.
- Your “litfluence” is on your profile page. You start with 42 points, as a nod to Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (impressive), and your litfluence builds by how many people like your posts, add your recommended books to their “to-read” list, etc.
- It’s a great way to find book recommendations, free ARC giveaways, and like-minded bookish people like you.
Check it out!